Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome to Intellikids

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to come and read my blog about teaching my two children. I hope to inspire others to embark on this fabulous journey with your own children. I hope to give you an insight into what it is like teaching babies and toddlers and while it can have its up's and down's and at times throw your hands up in the air nd ask why am I doing this?. I can certainly tell you it is worth every penny and extremely rewarding.

I am a late starter to the blogging world as I have been on this Journey with my Daughter who is now two for at least two years. ( I started reading to her in the womb)and it has been an exciting journey. I have decided to start this blog at the encouragement of my husband who thinks it is now time to share with the world what I have been doing in the last two years.

I have done a number of early learning enrichment programs with my daughter and I will go into each one in more detail as I start to blog even more and give my honest opinion on each one. I have done reading programs, sign language, maths, physical exercise programs for babies, music programs and right brain education as well.

I started doing this because I have a long history in my family of learning difficulties and I wanted to 'gain a head start' so to speak to possibly stop any future problems but I gained sooo much more. I gained a wonderful bond with my daughter and have developed a fantastic relationship with her. I thought she would be gaining alot from me but I didn't realise the gift that I was giving myself a fantastic relationship with her. I hope this relationship will carry us through the years to come.

I hope as time goes on and I go into detail with each of the programes you will be inspired to take up an early learning program with your own child/children.I hope to inspire other parents that you are wonderful teachers and you do not need to wait until your child goes to school to begin this fantastic journey with your own children.

Thank you for taking the time to read this first blog.

Kimba

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting a blog! :)
    Will be checking back for the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete